About the Department
INSTITUTE OF ANIMAL HEALTH AND VETERINARY BIOLOGICALS RASALPURA, MHOW
The institute of Animal Health and Veterinary biologicals, Rasalpura, Mhow(MP) is an important functionary of the veterinary Department of Madhya Pradesh for last 52 years.The institute was started in April 1949 at Gwalior and was named as 'MADHYA BHARAT VACCINES AND RESEARCH INSTITUTE,GWALIOR'. A major portion of it was shifted to MHOW in 1959 in view of specialised Biological Products division of MP. Veterinary College-Cum-Livestock resarch station, Mhow upto 1964. Later on it was named as "THE INSTITUTE OF BIOLOGICAL PRODUCTS MHOW". In the pursuance of the recommendation of the committee of biological products Government of India. The institute was redesigned as "THE INSTITUTE OF ANIMAL HEALTH AND VETERINARY BIOLOGICALS', MHOW in January 1983 till now it is working as such. The institute is registered under drug and Cosmetics Act 1940, "F1" schedule. All the products are manufactured and tested as per Drugs Act.
AIMS & OBJECTIVES
- Large scale production of veterinary biologicals and other ancillary preparation as per demand of the field as per standard prescribed in drugs act " F1" schedule.
- Standardization of all products manufactured in the Institute.
- Timely supply of vaccine to the field staff as per their indent.
- To advice Field Staff regarding all aspects of Vaccine and its use.
- To participate in exhibition/ rallies enlighten public about importance and use of various biological products.
- To publish a journal "VET" for the benefit of the field officers to update their knowledge.
- To undertake pilot scale production of new products.
- To conduct practical trainings,symposia, and seminar for field staff.
The main institute is located at Rasalpura, Mhow within the premises of Veterinary college campus of J.N.K.V.V along the Agra Bombay National Highway about 18 K.M away from the Indore city which is suitable for this institute run.
|SNo.||Name of the Vaccine||Production Range(lakhs)||Minimum Doses/packing||Price(Rs.)|
|1.||Haemorrhagic septecaemia Alum ppt vaccine||80-100||50||85|
|2.||Haemorrhagic septecaemia oil adjuvant||2-5||100||600|
|3.||Black Quarter vaccine||35-45||50||85|
|4.||Anthrax spore vaccine||10-15||200||600|
|6.||Ranikhet 'F' strain Vaccine||30-40||100||20|
|7.||Ranikhet Regular vaccine||40-50||200||35|
|8.||Fowl pox vaccine with diluent||10-15||100||15|
|9.||Swine fever vaccine||0.1-0.2||5||55|
|10.||Anti rabies vaccine (multi dose)||0.3-0.5||1 course||140|
|11.||Anti rabies vaccine (single dose)||7-10||1||25|
|12.||Marek's disease vaccine (tissue culture-with diluent)||3-4||100||36|
|13.||Sheep pox vaccine (tissue culture-withdiluent )||0.4-0.5||100||85|
Institute of Animal Health and Veterinary Biologicals, Rasalpura, Mhow (MP)